What does a Family Social Worker do?
Family social workers generally:
- Work under the direction of psychologists or others who have more education or experience
- Help determine what type of help their clients need
- Work with clients and other professionals to develop a treatment plan
- Help clients get help with daily activities, such as eating and bathing
- Coordinate services provided to clients by their or other organizations
- Research services available to their clients in their communities
- Determine clients’ eligibility for services such as food stamps and medical insurance
- Help clients complete paperwork to apply for assistance programs
- Monitor clients to ensure services are provided appropriately.
Family Social Worker have many job titles, including case work aide, clinical social work aide, family service assistant, social work assistant, addictions counsellor assistant, and human service worker. They serve diverse populations with a range of problems. Their work varies, depending on the clients they serve.
How you're compatible
Find your compatibility with this career and discover the career that you're meant for.
Family Social Workers on sokanu
Does your group have something to offer people in this career? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in a partnership.