What does a Library Assistant do?
Library technicians and assistants typically do the following:
- Loan library materials to patrons and collect returned materials
- Sort and reshelve returned books, periodicals, and other materials
- Organize and maintain library materials
- Handle interlibrary loans
- Register new patrons and issue library cards
- Answer patrons’ questions and help them find library resources
- Maintain computer databases used to locate library materials
- Help plan and participate in special programs, such as used-book sales and outreach programs.
Library technicians and assistants are usually supervised by a librarian. Library technicians may have more responsibilities than library assistants, such as administering library programs and overseeing lower-level staff.
How you're compatible
Find your compatibility with this career and discover the career that you're meant for.
Library Assistants on sokanu
Does your group have something to offer people in this career? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in a partnership.