Sokanu is the place to find your passion in life. Our mission is to connect every single person with the career they are meant to be in. We believe that the way the world approaches career discovery needs to be fundamentally changed. At Sokanu - we care about two things; building a great company, and helping every single user find what they are meant to do.
We're looking for people to help us achieve our vision. We are committed to building a cutting-edge technology company where people love to work and can be as productive as possible. After all, if we are helping people find what they love to do - shouldn’t we be intensely passionate about the work we are doing? We have a culture of optimizing for learning and growth as we strive to continually improve as individuals and as a team.
We are located in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia - and are working with some of the smartest people in the field of career discovery. We work very, very hard each day to achieve our mission - and will stop at nothing to achieve it. If you are interested in fundamentally changing the way humans approach career development; using neuroscience, psychology, technology and design - please contact us! We are currently hiring engineers and product designers.
We are focused on building a culture with strong engineering values and goals because we believe that it is the key to building a great company and product. We use continuous deployment that gets checked in goes live to production within minutes, no matter what time it is. As a web developer at Sokanu, you will be responsible for building, optimizing and maintaining the platform, as well as laying the foundation for a scalable, flexible, data-driven platform.
What We Look For:
- Experience with a range or both back-end and front-end technologies. This includes, but is not limited to Python (and the Django framework), MySQL. You should know these technologies backwards and forward.
- A strong team member. You should be familiar with some form of revision control, like git, hg, or subversion. You should also strive to write clean, maintainable, and reliable code.
- Strong working knowledge in creating, optimizing, and maintaining a scalable, fast-growing, data-heavy web application. Bear in mind that you will be building a web application -- not a search engine or rocket ship.
- Extraordinary software engineering talent
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, algorithm design, and machine learning a plus
- Passion for learning and a curiosity that leads you to discover and share new things
- Ability to think beyond the code alone, have big ideas and the courage to voice them
Send examples of your work, code samples or resume (or your Github profile) to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Sokanu, we believe that design drives emotion. And we can only succeed if we manage to deliver an environment that is conducive to learning, discovering and growing. People need to emotionally resonate with the product - wanting to share it with their friends and spend a lot of time exploring the content we offer. We are a design-focused company, from the psychology of UX work all the way to pixel perfect code. You will help shape and drive the product every single day.
What We Look For:
- Strong portfolio including self-started projects
- Extraordinary product, interaction, and visual design talent
- Curiosity and passion for crafting amazing, beautiful experiences
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain your design decisions
- Substantial experience designing interactive online products Ability to build what you design (familiarity with Python a plus)
- You should be ready to make Sokanu the primary focus of your life
You should be comfortable with autonomy and ownership of large areas of the product but open to and interested in gathering feedback. An ideal candidate will have the potential to grow into a strong leadership role over time.
Send examples of your work, code samples or resume (or your Dribbble, Github, Forrst, etc... profile) to email@example.com